Coal Sourcing and Processing Support
- Coal Mine Design and Operations
- Coal Supply Sourcing
- Greenfield Development
- Financial Modelling
- Resource Planning
- Investor Presentations
DECARB Executives supported the preconstruction development of the 700 MW coal-powered generating facility in Maidsville, West Virginia, by providing advisory services related to the design and operation of the coal mines and coal supply. At a cost of $2 billion, Longview is considered as one of the most efficient coal plants in the US, employing state-of-the-art pollution control technologies that achieve emissions levels, among the lowest in the industry.
The scope of services provided included:
- Leading technical presentations related to coal for potential investors.
- Conducted coal quality review, forecast mining rates, and production estimates.
- Coal sourcing from four mine sources.
- Planning and financial modeling for mine sequencing, capital requirements and manpower requirements.
Broader contribution working with the balance of the development team (primarily hydrology and water quality experts) included:
- Evaluation of cooling water supply from underground mine sources.
- Use of underground mine voids and managed water pools for scrubber tailing discharge by underground injection.