Independent Engineering and Due Diligence
- Independent Engineering
- Transaction Due Diligence
- Plant Performance Optimization
- Project Financing Support
- Coal, Gas and Oil Plants
- Renewable Development
DECARB team members have competed over 400 Independent Engineering reviews on a wide range of power generation and energy assets and technologies with projects ranging in size from 250 kW to over 2,500 MW. These services have been provided to a broad range of public and private companies including, Regulated Utilities, Municipal Utilities and Cooperatives, Independent Power Producers, Financial Owners and Investors, and Other Industries.
Example projects include:
- Supported the testing protocols to verify the operational improvements of the largest lignite fired, circulating fluidized bed project in the world.
- Provided technical due diligence for a new 300 MW coal project under construction in Panama covering the construction evaluation, environmental and permitting assessment, and operations and maintenance review.
- Provided Independent Engineering support for the acquisition of a small utility in northern MISO region. This support included the technical and operational assessment and an overall condition assessment of several hydro facilities (1 MW to 15 MW) and two peaking facilities (25 MW).
- Supported a large utility with an independent assessment of the condition, historical operations, and environmental compliance for a portfolio of five biomass facilities, each with a capacity of 18 MW to 25 MW. Fuel sources included wood chips, supplanted with tires and railroad ties.
- Performed annual condition assessments of a portfolio of fixed panel solar facilities in the Southeast US, each with a capacity of approximately 3MW to 5MW.
- Provided technical assessment for the potential acquisition of an EPC firm that who provides development and construction services for solar projects with a preferred capacity in excess of 100 MW.
- Performed several steam turbine and turbine controls uprates to extend the life of base loaded fossil fuel plants to improve operational flexibility, performance, and maintainability. The size of individual units ranged from 200 MW to over 750 MW.
- Provided full Independent engineering assessment of dozens of combined cycle facilities ranging from older technologies to the latest H-class units.